Igor Zielinski L.Ac., DOM
Certified Acupuncturist (MD in Poland)
Dr. Igor Zielinski came to the US in 2003 to deepen his knowledge of Traditional Chinese Medicine, especially in the field of Chinese herbal applications. Igor graduated summa cum laude (with highest honor) with a Master’s in Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2007 from the prestigious Emperor’s College in Santa Monica, CA. He moved to Denver, Colorado in 2009.
Dr. Igor P. Zielinski’s career in health care began in 1993 when he graduated from the Warsaw Medical Academy (Poland) as an MD. During medical school, he already recognized the effectiveness of alternative therapies such as acupuncture and herbal treatments. He continued his studies at the Warsaw Acupuncture Center, ultimately becoming an acupuncturist and a member of the Polish Acupuncture Society.
In 1994, Dr. Igor Zielinski opened a general medicine practice in Warsaw, where he combined western medical knowledge with Tibetan and Chinese Medicine. He treated patients successfully for eight years. This family and acupuncture clinic was the first to go by the name Avicenna. Many of his patients continue to rely on his broad expertise and compassionate care via Email and Skype.
Additionally, Dr. Zielinski co-founded an “acupuncture for addiction” program in the Warsaw Center of Treatment and Prevention of Drug Addiction, providing acupuncture treatments for addicts and HIV carriers.
As a keynote speaker at the 4th National Acupuncture Conference in Warsaw, he gained national and international recognition.
Igor is known as a gifted acupuncturist and herbalist in the fertility field. He has been helping countless couples get pregnant. His expertise includes the treatment of women and men. As a fertility acupuncturist in Denver he has helped increase the population here by many.
Certifications and Licenses
- Colorado Acupuncture State Board Certified
- NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) Certified
- California Acupuncture State Board Certified (Licensed Acupuncturist)
- Clean Needle Technique Certified
- National Board for Acupuncture, Poland
- Medical Doctor, Poland
Igor is listed at: AllTherapist.com
- Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine Los Angeles, CA
- Keynote speaker in the 4th National Conference of Acupuncture in Warsaw, Poland
- Acupuncture College, Warsaw, Poland
- Medical Academy of Warsaw, Poland
Petra E. Schalk, L.Ac., DOM, OTR/L, CLT, LANA
Occupational Therapist - Acupuncturist
Graduated with a Master’s degree from Emperor’s College for Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, CA, in 2007. Petra started out in a private practice in Los Angeles in 2007 and after moving to Denver in 2009 co-founded Avicenna Acupuncture.
Petra has been a health care professional for over a decade. She started her medical career as an occupational therapist (OT), graduating in Germany in 1997. Shortly after Petra moved to Los Angeles, CA, and acquired her US certification with the National Board of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). As an employee at UCLA from 2003 to 2009, she mostly treated oncology patients as well as patients with post-trauma neurological disorders. Since 2009, she has continued her career at the University Hospital of Colorado in Denver (UCH).
Petra is a certified lymphedema specialist since 2009. She got her LANA (Lymphology Association of North America) Certification in 2013. Petra is an expert in the treatment of Lipedema, Lipo-lymphedema and primary and secondary Lymphedema.
- Colorado Board of Acupuncture (DORA) certified and licensed
- Board of Occupational Therapy in Colorado (DORA) licensed and registered
- NCCAOM certified (national board for Acupuncture)
- California Board of Acupuncture certified
- Clean Needle Technique certified
- California Board of Occupational Therapy licensed and registered
- Occupational Therapist Registered by NBCOT (OT national board)
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT)
- Certified Garment Fitter
- Certification as a Lymphedema Therapist at Klose Training, CO
- Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, CA
- Technical Supervisor at Emperor’s College Clinic
- Clinical Internship at Emperor’s College Clinic
- College for Occupational Therapy Annastift Hannover, Germany